ENC toll information at one place
ENC = travel without waiting, contactless and cashless
ENCs are portable and can be used on multiple cars in the same category (multiple license plates)
The ENC keeps the remaining credit for future travel (it is possible to charge and move around Croatia as you wish)
• motorcycles, quads
• car or pick-up without a trailer up to 1.9 m high
• passenger car or van over 1.9 m in height or passenger car up to 1.9 m including a single-axle trailer (wheelchair)
• vehicle with two or three axles over 3500 kg
• vehicle with two axles over 3500 kg, including one-axle trailer
• vehicle towing a coupled vehicle above 1.9 meters, regardless of the number of axles of the trailer
• vehicle with four or more axles over 3500 kg
• vehicle with two axles with a mass of over 3500 kg which is towed by two or more axle trailers
• three-axle vehicles over 3500 kg which tow a trailer regardless of the number of axles of the trailer
Can ENC be converted between different vehicle categories?
ENC cannot be converted from one category to another. Therefore, think carefully about the category of equipment you need when purchasing ENC. If you drive one car with a lift you must have equipment for category II. and if you go back without it, a Category I device. => you must have 2 ENC devices.
What about an additional car carrier ? Like box, bicycles, roof rack …
If you have a vehicle with a roof rack, then the roof rack is not included in the overall heigh of the vehicle.
Are there any ENC toll conditions?
The prerequisite is a correctly installed toll system, a maximum speed of 20 km / h, keeping a safe distance from the vehicle in front of you (10 meters) and choosing the right toll entrance (usually on the right and green ENC marked). Experience shows that there is no need to glue the glass box, but just put it on the dashboard for passing through the toll bar (Cestarin). !Attention! If you have a French vehicle (Renault, Citroën) or one with a heated windshield, remove the toll box from the window when passing through. Unfortunately for these types of vehicles there is a problem with the windshield material and it is possible that if you do not do this you will pay twice for one section or you want be able to go through.
Can I be in the red? (minus credit)
Your limit to getting in the red (minus credit) is if for one transaction only (one segment on your trip). However, if the status on the box is negative, balance it within 30 days or the device will be blocked. So don’t leave the minus balance for next summer! But don’t worry, our company will automatically notify you by email as soon as your credit drops below 10 HRK. And we will recommend you to top up your credit with at least 100 HRK.
Is the ENC toll system fixed to the vehicle’s license plate or to a person?
Sales of toll equipment are not tied to the vehicle’s license plate. You can share your device with friends and family as you wish. Just be carefull which category you purchased and tell it to the person you are borrowing ENC to. This category cannot be changed. In case of loss or theft, the device can be blocked and replaced with new one.
What is the lane order at the toll gate?
Here there is a simple advice. Keep in the right-hand lane and enter the right-hand toll gates marked ENC. Please note that there is usually no staff at ENC gates, so you cannot pay with cash or card.Keep a safe distance of 10 metres between you and the vehicle paying in front of you; failure to do so may result in a penalty of double the toll for that section.
Where to put or mount your ENC device ?
To use an ENC device follow these six steps:
- Make sure the windshield is dry and the temperature is higher than 15 °C
- Without removing the protective film with the ENC backing adhesive tape, test the driver’s view by placing the bracket on the windshield. Selected location must not block the driver’s view
- Clean and remove all dirt. It is really important that the surface is perfectly clean.
- Remove the transparent film that protects the adhesive tape of the ENC device holder
- Mount ENC to the windshield onto the cleaned area and press firmly for a few seconds
- The bracket is mounted and ready for the ENC device